Monday, May 9, 2011

Mommys Day ♥

I hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day! We had a VERY full day of family, and a short (disappointing) trip to the hospital. We went to church in the morning, then went to Ryan's Grandmas for a little get together she was having, it was a mothers day/remembering family/birthday get together. It was great seeing everyone! After we were done there, Ryan's other Grandparents (from Wisconsin) were in town at his uncles, so we went straight to their house from his Grandmas. Joshua had fun getting to know his other great-grandparents a little bit, he has only met them once before.

On the way home from Ryan's uncles I had a headache, was lightheaded and my ankles were HUGE so I decided to stop and check my blood pressure. It was pretty high (for my normal 117/40) so I called labor and delivery and they said to come in and get checked out. We got hopeful that maybe we would be having a baby soon! But after I got there they hooked me up to the machines, baby was doing good and my blood pressure started going down so they sent us home. Babyless. I was so sad that I had to leave the hospital still pregnant! But on the plus side, the nurse said I was having contractions every few minutes (and not feeling them at all) and I am dilated to 3 cm (I was at 3cm for 3 weeks with Joshua...) But I am still hopeful this baby will make tomorrow (his due date) his birthday!!

Here are a few pictures from our long family filled day
Playing at Great Grandma Olsons
Ryan got the camera...
Sharing a cupcake with Grandma Strickland
Blue face!
When we don't have toys, we make do with what we do have.
4 Generations of Strickland men... is anyone noticing they get a little taller every generation? Does that mean Joshua is gonna be a giant?!
Joshua with Great Grandma & Grandpa Strickland

I hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day. I think we are going out tonight for MY mothers day, since yesterday was all about grandmas :)

Love Love ♥

No comments: