Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's NOT all about me after all...

Mothers day Sunday, our Pastor at church spoke about Exodus 20:12. The fifth commandment; "Honour thy Father and Mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee."

This really opened my eyes to a lot of things. The main thing I realized is, no matter how old I am, no matter how far away from home I am, I am still to honor my Father and Mother. They raised me to be a Godly woman, and it is my responsibility as their daughter to live my life in a way that will honor them and our Heavenly Father. What I do, doesn't only reflect who I am. It reflects my family, my parents.

I also realized that it is my responsibility as a Mother now to make sure that my children realize this. That their actions, and their words reflect back on me and Ryan as parents. I pray daily that God would give us the wisdom to raise our children for him, that He would give us the words we need to help them understand how important God is.

I hope this is something you are thinking about today as you live your life. Every thing you do or say is a reflection on your parents, but most of all a reflection of Jesus Christ.

Have a great Tuesday bloggy friends!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: