Tuesday, August 17, 2010

only 2 more weeks!!

We have exactly 2 weeks from today before my husband is officially out of the army! It is so crazy how fast this month is going, but at the same time it feels never ending. I am not sure I am ready to be back in the "civilian" world, I haven't been anything but an army wife for 3 1/2 years. But ready or not, it is happening!

The next two weeks will mostly consist of packing our house, to be out of here on the 31st. BUT in order for the packing to even begin, I need boxes! You would think I would have already started packing... but no. That isn't very possible without boxes is it? I have done everything possible, but that is definitely an essential when it comes to moving.

and now for my 30 day journal blog. Day 17 (August 17):Day 17 - An art piece

This is pretty much the only painting I have in my house, the only thing on my walls besides pictures. So I will write about this lovely canvas painting!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My friend, and neighbor from Japan, painted this and gave it to me as a thank you for watching her fish while she was on vacation. I absolutely love the colors, and I love cherry blossoms. So it is the perfect combination for me. She is so talented! I wish I could paint something even half as beautiful as this :)

I hope you are all having a good Tuesday! Joshua is taking a nap, so I need to get some cleaning done before he wakes up and makes messes. Have a great day friends. Love Love ♥

2 comments:

Dan said...

That's awesome, talented friend!

CChenoweth said...

What a gorgeous painting! Hopefully it will help preserve all of the wonderful memories you have made in the last few years.