Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Only a month late...

Wow I can't believe how much I have been slacking on keeping up with my blog! I finally put pictures on the computer from Joshua's first birthday (yes, December 3rd was his birthday). Let me do a little update on what's happening in our lives right now, and we will end with pictures!

Hmm where do I start?! We got an e-mail from our Realtor a couple days ago, we are set to close on the 21st of January at 3:00 pm. I am so excited!! We haven't been at the house since the inspection, and I am so ready to go HOME. We are planning on taking at least the day we close and the day after to clean it out, and get ready to move all of our stuff in. Hopefully Ryan will have good hours those days so we can get stuff done! Otherwise I will go get it done without him :)

Tomorrow my dear husband will be having his second surgery on his ankle. He had this surgery right before we left Japan in 2009, but apparently they didn't do it right. He has bone spurs (OUCH!) growing on his ankle joint, they removed them the first time but they grew right back. This time they are going to go in, scrape the bone clean, rinse it out, and drill holes in the bone so that new, healthy bone will grow back. He is going to be out of work for at least a week, while he is on crutches. After the crutches are gone, he will have a boot for 4-6 weeks while he goes through physical therapy.

I recently started as a PCA (personal care assistant) for my little brother. He was drug and alcohol exposed while his birth mother was pregnant with him. So far 4 of my younger siblings have PCAs to help with day to day things, lucky for my Mom she has my older brother, older sister and me living so close we are her PCAs. This couldn't have come at a better time! Since Ryan has only been at his job a few months, he has no vacation time. So at least we will have some income while he is out of work after his surgery.

Well I am off to play a game while Joshua sleeps :) I don't do it very often so I am gonna relax and enjoy myself during his nap today! Here are his birthday pictures I promised.









Hope everyone is having a great week so far! love Love ♥

No comments: